The Senate Republicans, led by human turtle Mitch McConnell, released their health care bill which we should all just call ТрампCare from now on. ТрампCare guts key provisions of Obamacare, mostly to allow some rich people to pay less taxes then they already do. Some pundits have focused on the gutting of the bill solely as a ‘rebuke’ to Obama and his achievement, apparently missing the bigger picture that a lot of people will get hurt by the bill.
The bill does help some people, though, and this is how it breaks down …
Who gets helped
- If you’re between 20 to 29 years old, you could theoretically save money on your premiums
- Healthy people who don’t go to the doctor much could buy less expensive plans that cover fewer services
- Rich people would pay less in taxes.
- Rich people could contribute more to Health Savings Accounts
- Insurance companies get more subsidies from the Federal Government
Who gets hurt
- Current Obamacare enrollees will pay more out-of-pocket for health care services.
- People on low-cost plans will pay higher deductibles
- 11 million lower-income American adults would likely be kicked off insurance
- 70 million low-income children, parents, elderly and disabled Americans will get less coverage through Medicaid due to cuts
- Senate Republicans would eliminate the cost-sharing subsidies
- Americans in their 50s and early 60s would get charge up to 5 times more than younger enrollees, meaning adults ages 60 to 64 would see their annual premiums soar 22%
- Fewer middle class Americans would qualify for subsidies
- Those with pre-existing conditions or opioid addictions may receive fewer covered services.
So, to break this down, if you’re young and healthy, or old and rich, or some mix of that, this is great for you! Good times!
If you’re older, poorer, are sick, are part of the middle-class white epidemic of the opioid crisis, sorry Charlie, this bill isn’t for you.
Of course, this bill breaks a key promise that popular vote loser and aspiring dictator Donald Трамп made in 2015, not to cut medicaid. You can watch the video yourself here: http://www.cnn.com/videos/politics/2017/03/10/trump-promises-not-to-cut-medicaid-newday.cnn.
What’s unclear at this time, though, is how much, if any, this actually helps Трамп with his taxes. He’s got a lot of paper wealth, but he also owes a lot of money to overseas banks. In other words, he’s sort of a pretend super wealthy person.
The one thing that’s clear … the longer Трамп is President, the easier it is for lunatic Republicans in the House and Senate to hurt people with bills like this. And as long as Trump keeps signing those lunatic bills, the longer he can theoretically prevent his arrest for treason.
In other news, it’s over 123 degrees F in Qatar right now, making it too hot for everyone. It’s so hot there right now that cows can’t produce milk. It was so hot in Phoenix, Arizona recently that airplanes couldn’t fly.
Somehow, during the worst ecological disaster faced by the human species in the last 50,000 years began, one that our species created, we managed to elect as leader of the free world a man who thinks people don’t notice he has a combover.
His only real hope is that enough people are dumb enough not to notice how much he’s hurting them. And looking around lately, that might not be a bad hope with a lot of people.
CALL YOUR SENATORS AND DEMAND THEY FIGHT TRUMPCARE TO THE END!
Have you done your part today? If not, take a moment to decide what to do, how you can help, and pitch in! Maybe pitching in for you means telling me I’m dumb, go for it! Whatever it is, make your time count!
Who gets hurt and who gets helped by the Senate health care bill
Donald Trump’s Wealth Is Fool’s Gold
Temperature is soaring; here are a few tips to deal with sunstrokes
There’s a scientific reason why hot weather has grounded planes at Phoenix airport
Catch up back issues of YOUR DAILY DYSTOPIA on …